For small businesses, Inbound marketing can be a great way to level the playing field against big name brand competitors. Small businesses tend to have a small marketing budget and less time to focus on large advertising campaigns. However, with Inbound efforts, small businesses across the globe are successfully landing big clients and getting in front of the right people in order to grow their business. In this article by Hubspot, they explore 5 small companies who have succeeded with inbound efforts like blogging, offer creation and keyword strategies. With results like 30% quarterly website traffic growth and an in-person endorsement from President Obama, these are techniques you won’t want to ignore. Let’s explore the ways inbound marketing can propel your company into success.
4 Ways Inbound Marketing Can Propel Your Company Into Success
1. Online Lead Generation
The goal of inbound marketing is lead generation from your website. With inbound, you create content that is valuable and informative to your “buyer persona” or ideal customer. Depending on how valuable the piece of content or tool is, you can gate it as an offer behind a form and landing page. Your landing page is the gateway for your customer to access this valuable content and understand why they want it. Creating attractive and unique offers is the best way to generate tons of leads online. Interested visitors can fill out a form providing your business with the information you require in order for them to get access to the content. This is a great way for you to collect email addresses, phone numbers, personal information and maybe even location information from your prospective clients. As you grow your inbound marketing campaigns and create more content you will have more opportunities to generate actual leads for your business! Even just a simple “contact us” form on your website gives potential clients a simple and fast way to contact you and ask questions, growing your database and your business!
2. Get Found More Often in Search Engine Results
With an inbound marketing strategy, your website pages and blog content should be search engine optimized for keywords that will help you get found by your ideal customers. Although search engine optimization can be considered complicated for beginners, having a basic understanding of SEO however is essential to generating the most qualified visitors to your website. To succeed with SEO, you’ll start by creating a keyword strategy that will become the foundation for your website pages and content creation. The goal of optimizing for keywords is to ensure that search engines find your pages valuable enough to be shown to anyone using that keyword within their search query. If your website shows up on the first page of Google or Bing, you will see an increase in traffic to your website from the most qualified internet searchers! With the majority of buyers starting their journey online, it’s important for your business to have a strong search presence.
3. Increase Brand Awareness & Thought Leadership Using Social Media
Social media is a key element to a successful inbound strategy. With social media, your business can share its content and solutions to an entirely new audience and create a “personality” for your brand. Using channels like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest a business can create a following of users who are interested in the information they are sharing. A social following can be a very powerful tool for a business when it comes to generating awareness as well as actual clients. By sharing content that is valuable to your following your becoming a thought leader.. Your audience will look to you as an expert in the industry and keep your brand in mind when searching for a solution.
4. Close More Customers
About 2 decades ago, Bill Gates told us “Content is king”. In 2017, that phrase still stands strong, especially when it comes to generating more business. With all of the information available on the internet, modern buyers aren’t fooled by typical sales tactics. Closing more business means providing helpful information that will allow your potential client to trust and depend on your company. Using inbound tactics, such as automated email marketing campaigns and workflows, you can provide leads with the content they need to move them through the buyer’s journey.
The Keys to Propel Your Company into Success with Inbound Marketing
- Use content offers like free tools, templates, eBooks and whitepapers to generate leads online for your business. By putting these offers behind landing pages and forms you can ask for contact information and grow your database of leads.
- A great “contact us” page is critical for online lead generation as well. A form on this page gives visitors an easy and fast way to ask your business a question or get in touch if it’s after business hours or inconvenient for them to call.
- Getting found on the first page of search engine results is a great way to increase traffic to your website from the most qualified visitors. In order to get higher on search engine results, you’ll need a keyword strategy for your website pages and content. SEO is one of the most important aspects of an inbound strategy and will help your business succeed by generating visits from people who are searching for your solutions.
- Customers are using social media to search and find solutions for their problems. By growing your social media presence you can become a thought leader in your industry and increase brand awareness with your ideal audience.
- Content is key to closing more business. “Always be helping” is a great sales strategy to keep in mind in order to get the most out of your inbound marketing plan. By creating content that is helpful and valuable to your prospects, you can earn their trust and keep your brand top of mind as the best and most qualified solution for their challenges!